Created by Saralyn W.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup basil
- 1 cup pistachio nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- juice from 1 lemon
- olive oil
- sundried tomatoes
- Set oven to 400
- In a bowl, lightly coat chicken in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, blend pistachio nuts until finely ground. Add in basil and garlic until it makes a coarse paste. Add in juice from lemon and process. Add in olive oil until you reach a consistency that makes a paste that you can press onto the top of the chicken – about 2-3 tablespoons.
- Slice sundried tomatoes into strips – as many as you want to put as a garnish on top of the chicken. (3-4 tomatoes per piece of chicken)
- Grill seasoned chicken until cooked (or alternatively, bake chicken in oven)
- Press pesto paste on top of the cooked chicken. Put sliced sundried tomatoes on top of pesto. Bake in oven on middle rack at 400 for 4-5 minutes. If you don’t want the sundried tomatoes cooked, you can put them on top of the pesto after you take the chicken & pesto out of the oven. Enjoy!